1. Is your service free?
Yes, our service is free. We only ask you to add our small banner on the page that you have protected with our image. Note, this is not required! We only ask you to help us to promote our service.
2. Will installation of your code protect me from manual spam?
No, as we wrote on the main page, manual spammers can still spam your forms, but statistics show that spam is delivered manually is less than 0.01% of all web form spam.
3. How do I understand which code file processes given form?
Html forms have the following format:
<form action="some_file" ...>here are form fields and buttons</form>
The "some_file" is the code file which processes the form data.
4. How many verification urls can I have?
You can have any number of verification urls.
5. What is the best verification image string length for my web form?
The longer the better, but a very long string may cause annoyance to your users. The actual length depends on the number of users that are using your form at the same time. The best choice is 6 symbols.
6. Can I protect forms which are processed in other languages, such as perl?
Yes, you can protect any form, which is processed in another language. We provide two urls. The first displays the image. The second returns the xml answer whether the verification was successful. See page How to Protect Your Web Form, section "For skilled webmasters:".
7. Why do we advise you to rename the file that processes form entries when installing gateway?
Even though we will protect your web form from spam robots which find your form after installation, there are some robots that could remember your form processing url. So they will not scan your html page for that url once again, and will use your old url directly.